WSU News: Wright State researcher Ulas Sunar wins $1.7 million grant to demonstrate novel approach for imaging and treating ovarian cancer. (07/2020) (Link)
Science Spinoff Report: A new Approach For Brain Measuring Brain Function Connectivity. (08/2018)
WSU News: Wright State imaging researchers demonstrate a novel approach for measuring brain function connectivity. (05/2018) (Link)
Biophotonics.world: Optical Technology Advances Non-Invasive Functional Imaging of the Human Brain. (04/2018) (Link)
WSU News: Wright State University Newsroom: Imaging Impact. (10/2015) (Link)
Optics.org (SPIE Events Europe): Novel endoscope gives clearer view of cancers. (02/2015) (Featured) (Link)
Lung Cancer News Today: Innovative Endoscope That Zaps Tumors Under Development. (01/2015) (Link)
UB News: Researchers Develop Device to Find and Destroy Cancer Cells. (01/2015) (Link)
HighBeam: Wright State's Ulas Sunar Developing New Endoscope to Detect and Treat Cancer. (2015)
BioOptics World: Novel endoscope can find and destroy cancer cells. (12/2014) (Link)
Photonics Online: Tumor-Blasting Endoscope Seeks And Destroys Cancer Cells. (12/2014) (Link)
UB News: This endoscope zaps tumors. Researchers are developing a biomedical device that can find and destroy cancer cells. (12/2014) (Link)
Medical Research: Endoscopic Imaging System Sees and Treats Tumors. (02/2014) (Link)
Awards received by supervised students and researchers:
- 2020 - Ben Rinehart (PhD Student) RA Grant Award.
- 2020 - Chien Poon (PhD Student) WSU Travel Award.
- 2020 - Andrea Gomez (MS Student), NSF LSAMP Research Position.
- 2019 - Chris Davies (MS student), Student Excellence Award for BME.
- 2018 - Chris Davies, Outstanding Student Award for BME.
- 2017 - Chien Poon, Graduate Student Excellence Award.
- 2017 - Chris Davies (Undergrad 4+1 student, WSU), Dean’s List.
- 2017 - Ernest Lee Mitchell (Undergrad student, WSU), BioStar Research Scholarship.
- 2016 - Syed Zaidi (MS student, WSU), Elected for membership of Tau Beta Pi, the Engineering Honor Society.
- 2014 - Daniel J Rohrbach (PhD student, RPCI/UB), Travel Grant Award for the Annual Conference of the American Society for Lasers in Medicine and Surgery, Phoenix, AZ.
- 2014 - Hakeem Salem (High School Student, City Honor Program), selected to advance to the Intel International Science and Engineering Fair (Intel ISEF), LA, CA.
- 2012 - Andrew Kowalczewski (M.S. student), 2nd Place Master Student Poster Award at the RPCI Science Retreat, SUNY-Geneseo, Geneseo, NY.
- 2011 - Ruby Goldberg, Best High School Student Poster Award at 59th Research Participation in Science, RPCI, Buffalo, NY.
- 2011 - Weirong Mo, PhD (Postdoc), Poster Award at RPCI Science Retreat, Buffalo, NY.
- 2011 - Steven Torrisi, Best High School Student Poster Award at 58th Research Participation in Science, RPCI, Buffalo, NY.